The sixth annual Three Rivers 5K Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, May 3, 2014. The 5K Run will be a timed, competitive race, while the 5K Walk will be an untimed, non-competitive fitness event.
Packet Pick-Up Information
Packet pick-up will take place at the Radisson Center in downtown La Crosse (300 South 2nd St; adjacent to the La Crosse Center).
Friday, May 2nd 4:30-8:00pm *Registration available!*
Saturday, May 3rd 5:30-8:00am* *Registration available!*
*Note: Packet Pick-Up is NOT on-site race morning. 5k begins at 8:30am sharp in the North end of Riverside Park (approximately a 5 min walk). Please plan accordingly.
All participants are encouraged to bring a photo ID to pick up their packets. If you are unable to pick up your packet, you may have someone else pick it up for you. To do so, download the Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form. Complete and sign this form and give it to whoever will be picking up your packet. The person authorized to pick up your packet must present the signed form and his/her own photo ID.
The 5K run/walk will start together at 8:30AM in Riverside Park. Walkers must start in the designated area behind the runners.
The course begins in Riverside Park by the Mississippi River and passes through downtown La Crosse on State St. to 6th St. It then turns right to King St. where it turns left and proceeds through several blocks of historic and stately homes to 11th St. There, a left turn takes the course to Main St. where another left leads back toward downtown. A right turn onto 7th St. takes the runners past City Hall and onto the paved bike path in the La Crosse River marsh. The course exits the bike path onto Front St. leading the runners back to State Street and into Riverside Park. Participants pass the large eagle statue as they cross the finish line next to the Mississippi River.
Registration opens at 12:01AM on Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
- Register online through Active.com
- Register in-person at the La Crosse Park and Recreation Department
400 La Crosse Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
- Registered participants can transfer their race registration to another event or another person. The Race Change Request Form or the Participant Transfer Request Form must be filled out and submitted to the Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon by April 26, 2014. If you registered online, you may also make these changes through your account on Active.com.
- Participants will be expected to pay a $10 administrative fee for switching events, in addition to the difference between entry fees. If switching to a lower entry fee event, no refund will be made and the participant is still expected to pay a $10 administrative fee.
- The entry fee is non-refundable or non-transferable to next year’s event.
Pre-registration will close on April 27, 2014. Weekend-of registration will be available starting on Friday, May 2nd from 4:30PM-8:00PM and will also be available on race day from 5:30AM-8:00AM. Weekend-of registration will be located at the Radisson Center, 300 S. 2nd Street, La Crosse, WI 54601.
5K Run Entry Fees
- $15 October 1 – February 28
- $20 March 1 – April 27
- $30 May 2 & 3
- View available discounts
5K Walk Entry Fees
- $10 October 1 – February 28
- $15 March 1 – April 27
- $25 May 2 & 3
- View available discounts
All participants of the 5K run/walk will receive a finisher’s t-shirt. An award ceremony for the top finishers in the 5K Run will begin at 9:30AM near the finish line in Riverside Park. Trophies will be awarded to the top three men and top three women (based on gun time). In addition, age-group awards will be presented to the first three male and female finishers in the following age groups, based on chip time: 9 and under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over.